Monday, April 15, 2013

Health

Hey ya'll!

First of all, shout out to Boston & all of Massachusetts, my home state! Stay strong babies <3

Next I want to tell you all about my recent inspiration to get fit. So if you know me, you know that I am quite a curvy girl.. but I love my curves!! Each year as I have been continuing farther & farther along in my college career I have gained more & more weight from eating too many carbs, being pescatarian for the first 2 years, to  not getting enough exercise  & simply being overwhelmed with my extracurriculars/school work.

I have decided to take a stand for my health.

As of 2 days ago, when my friend Molly invited me to go to the gym with her, I have given health & fitness a whole new priority in my life. Now .. you may think, if she loves her curves, why is she getting all fitnessey? The reason is because although I love my curves, I am incredibly out of shape & want to get my body back to it's healthy state. My goal is not to reach a certain size or lose a specific amount of weight.. I just want to look & feel my personal best. 


The method I am using is to be continuously moving, and not doing too much of one exercise. I hate the gym, so this technique has been keeping me interested! 



  1. Today I started off with 20 minutes on the treadmill, doing a brisk walk  of 3.8 mph on an incline of 2.5
  2. Next I went to the stretch mat & stretched my arms, legs, feet, & neck.
  3. Then I stayed there & did reps of "butts," sit ups, & plank. Repeat.
  4. To finish off I did 25 minutes on the elliptical doing the "cardio workout" option
  5. Finally I stretched out a little more & I was set!



ToastWorkout
If you hate the gym like I do I recommend finding a great playlist or artist to listen to on your itunes or pandora.. I found Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout & I am obsessed.. it is what is keeping me going through my workout! My other recommendation is to not do an entire hour of one exercise.. it is boring, you will hate it, you won't work all the muscles you want to, and you will never want to go back to the gym..switch it up baby!



I took a "before" picture today.. so hopefully in around 4 weeks I can post a much fitter picture :) 

There is nothing "wrong" with my body and the way it currently is, I just am motivated to get back in shape and look my personal best.. curves are beautiful, and I do not recommend exercising or dieting for anyone but yourself.     You have to love you! 


Besos! 


P.S. Let me know if you have any other great workout/health techniques!


No comments:

Post a Comment