Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Foundation Routine & Fave Products


Hey Ladies!
I am finally having a day that is more chill than most where I have a few minutes to write a make-up post!!!! So I decided to write my entire foundation routine (at the moment, because it changes all the time with new tools and products coming out!) This may seem like a lot of steps for some people but you can adjust it to your liking and the amount of time you have to get ready.


1. Moisturize! I have read some articles/seen videos that say that primer is a farce and all you need is some moisturizer to make your make-up adhere to your face. I'm not sure if I agree with that since I have found a fantastic primer but if you want to save money simply moisturize your face. Make sure to let the moisturizer dry a bit before moving on to the next steps.


2. Primer! I have tried multiple primers including Victoria's Secret's, Mac's, and maybe even others but the one that I think works amazingly well is Flawless & Poreless by Pixi. I use my fingers to apply this all over my face. I like that it is on the thicker side because you can actually feel the staying power that it has!



L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup, Sun Beige W6 - .3 oz3. Compact Foundation! (Not necessary for all faces!) Recently I purchased the L'oreal True Match Super Blendable compact make-up thinking that it was a powder foundation. However, when I was in Florida my skin was very oily so I tried using a light application of this foundation under my liquid foundation and it came out beautifully & resulted in a much less oily face! *Please note that this foundation appears at least 2 shades lighter on skin than in its container, I would go slightly darker than you normally would




4. Liquid Foundation! This is one of my favorite products that I have ever owned. Ever. L'oreal True Match LUMI Healthy Luminous Makeup This foundation is medium coverage but doesn't get cakey like many do. It easily blends with your natural skin tone and the color choices are very similar to real human skin colors! I have noticed that my skin appears a bit more shiny than usual when using this foundation which is why I ended up trying the previous compact in step 3, but overall I have no complaints about it and have turned multiple people on to this foundation who are just as in love with it as I am. Trust me, it is the best drug store foundation on the market! I either use my fingers, a stippling brush, or a beauty blender to apply this. The thickest application will come by using fingers, the brush will be a little less thick, and the beauty blender will be the lightest application.


5. Highlighter/Concealer! I generally don't have very dark circles under my eyes even though I am a crazy college student with the worst sleeping habits/schedule in the world but what I like to use to brighten under my eyes is Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in colors Ivory or Radiant. As the name suggests, ivory is a paler nude color while radiant has pinker tones. I like to use ivory under my eyes and gently rub the make-up in with my ring finger (this finger will give you the most delicate application and will be the least damaging to the fragile skin under the eyes.)  The radiant color is good for highlighting the cheekbones or drawing a straight line right down your nose for a straighter looking schnoz!



6. Translucent Finishing Powder! This is my newest purchase, having only owned this for 2 days, but this is a must have for combination or oily skin types. Try Revolon ColorStay Aqua in translucent. I'm sure there are many translucent powders out there that work great as well, this is the only one I have tried but I can tell you that there has been zero oil showing through my make-up and my make-up stayed put the entire day, still looking fresh 12 hours later!
One thing I love about this powder is that right when you put it on (I have been using a big fluffy face powder brush) it feels wet, like you just put lotion on your face.. but the sensation goes away very quickly, probably within 2 seconds, but still, it is a cool experience! 


That's all I've got for ya today folks but keep checking back for more beauty tips, tricks, product reviews, and other miscellaneous beauty and fashion ideas, finds, and must-haves! Please comment if you liked this post and if there are any topics you would like me to write about! Mucho amor 

No comments:

Post a Comment