Saturday, March 16, 2013

Rediculous Pelo Rizado (Curls!)

So you may be wondering how I got my hair so curly tonight. Recently, my hair has been so blah and I haven't been able to achieve the tight(ish) curls that I love.  This may be due to the dry winter months because, I think like some curlies, the humidity is actually good for my curls. Anyways, I invested in some new products & I still have some to try out. But with no further ado, this is how I got my curls! 

P.S. it was incredibly easy.
Si hablas español, desplácese al fondo de la página!

Step 1. I took a shower :) yay! The products I use on my hair in the shower are a non-lather shampoo, Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream and Curl Junkie Beauticurls. I just started using the latter, but I really do like it! 

Since I have gotten into really trying to vamp up my curls I have been comparing products and readings reviews on Curl Mart and Naturally Curly. (The second link will take you to a page where you can learn all about the different aspects of curly hair!) Curl Mart is a shop and Naturally Curly is a forum to ask questions but mainly to learn more about different types of curls and how to treat them. I recommend checking out both!

Step 2. I towel dried (the sites above will tell you not to do that but it works for me!) and threw the towel up in a twist on top of my head for a few minutes while I dried off.

Step 3. I combed my hair with a wide tooth comb < (that is the one I use) 

Step 4. I took a dollop of AG Hair Cosmetics Re:Coil on my hands, rubbed them together, then distributed the product evenly throughout my hair .. this takes me about 15 seconds

Step 5. I took my crappy little $7 Revlon blow dryer and attached my new Luxor Professional diffuser. I used the low setting on the blow dryer and dried my hair for about 10 minutes. I flipped my head over and put the diffuser right up to my head. If you check out the link you can see that it can hold a lot of hair so I kept scooping up different sections of hair for about 10-15 seconds per section and then I would move on to a new section. 

What I love about this diffuser is that it apparently fits on many sizes and models of dryers and it was only $10! I have never been more impressed with how my hair has turned out, especially compared to the blah flat, curl-less days I've been having. 

If you have any questions or want to tell me how this works for you I would love to hear your comments below!

Just a note.. I am not being sponsored or paid by any companies to endorse their products, I am just sharing my experiences and knowledge and spreading the love <3 Have a beautiful weekend ya'll!


-->
Finalmente, debo escribir mi blog en español también? No se si haya una audiencia que va a leerlo, pero si alguien quiera, puedo traducirlo! Y yo se también que mi español no es perfecta, estoy aprendiendo y intentaré el mejor que puedo para traducir/escribir bien!

1 comment:

  1. love it!! my curls never work so i'll try some of the products you mentioned! keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete