Friday, March 8, 2013

Realizing Dreams, Breaking Boundaries

Hello World!

 I have been spending a great deal of time this week working on freeing myself of the mental boundaries and chains that have kept me grounded and  living within the monotony and the familiar. On my recent trip to West Palm Beach I was inspired to pursue my career related goals by applying for internships in the area. This move was not only career oriented, but also intended to take a step back from the fast pace grind where I am constantly under the directions and prerogative of professors, bosses, coaches, and an opportunity to give myself freedom and latitude to make my own choices and pursue my passions.

With this newly found freedom, I began mentally exploring other places in my life where I had restricted myself. During a lunch break in between classes this past week I was doting over my love of make-up and my interest in helping others achieve their beauty best. I was again inspired to move forward with this idea and discussed starting a business geared toward creating beauty looks for students at my school. I am ecstatic to start living out these dreams and couldn't feel more motivated since realizing and liberating myself from these self-imposed constraints. 

Are there self-imposed limitations that you place on yourself that you hadn't been aware of until recently? Are you feeling stuck, unmotivated, and just living to get through the day? My advice is take advantage of your endless opportunities today because you may not have the same circumstances tomorrow. What are the goals and dreams that you have that you never thought you could achieve? Act upon them! I am sure your love for life will skyrocket and you will be significantly more content than staying in the same monotonous rut that you are just doing because you have to or because you think you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment