Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer Favorites

Hello Makeup Enthusiasts! I wanted to share with you my favorite products of summer, many of which have been listed on my blog before however these are my go-to products right now .... enjoy!



SKIN

Sarah McNamara wins my award for overall face products. The Miracle Skin Transformer Triple Active Night Treatment is a skin cream that is the most hydrating cream I've ever tried, and I have really dry skin! My face feels like butter (or should I say buttah?) after applying this cream, and I don't only wear it to sleep, I also apply it before foundation.



My most loved product of the moment is Sarah McNamara's Miracle Skin Transformer Face. It has SPF 20 which means no need to apply sunscreen to the face. What I love most about this product is I still look like me. It is light, breathable, diminishes imperfections in the skin, but doesn't make you look like a completely different person as most foundations do.



I still really like Too Faced's Beauty Balm (BB Cream) and if I am looking for a bit more coverage than the BB cream above, I mix the two together. Porefessional by Benefit is still my go-to primer. It reduces the appearance of large pores and smoothes the overall look of the face.






EYES


There are 3 mascaras I am loving right now, each for different reasons. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black has always been my #1 for its lengthening and thickening effects. It is a buildable mascara and  I can add 50 coats without it getting clumpy or spider-like. Next, They're Real! from Benefit creates lashes that are long and striking. At first I was hesitant about this mascara because the effect isn't as thickening as L'Oreal's, but it gives a more demure look. Lastly, Mary Kay's Lash Love Lengthening Mascara pays heed to its name. This product definitely lengthens and gives a Kate Middleton, classy and sophisticated effect.





LIPS



Baby Lips in Pink Punch is my choice chapstick or lip hydrant. It has a sheer pink color and is very nourishing for those hot drying days.





Mary Kay's Pink Cherie True Dimensions Lipstick is the perfect rose pink color. I would call it an innocent pink. The formula is ultra hydrating, and from my experience, very long lasting. I will definitely buy more from this line of lip colors!



Mac's Plushglass in Big Baby is a gorgeous pinky nude. Mac's glosses stay on longer than any other gloss on the market! The formulation is a bit sticky on the lips but the colors and longwear will keep me coming back.





BRONZE


Miracle Skin Transformer Tinted Sculpting Balm in Coral Bronze is simply amazing. It gives the most gorgeous bronzed, glowing skin. One tube will probably last around a year, perhaps more, so I think it is worth the price.


Mac's Nude on Board is limited edition but if you can still get it you should because it gives a sunkissed bronze without the harmful sun rays!






GLOW





Luminoso baked blush by Milani is kind of my everyday blush! I can't get enough of it because it reminds me of a beachy, carefree surfer who's skin glows effortlessly.






Mac's luster drops in Sun Rush are perfect for a dewy glow. When I wear it I stipple it onto my temples and upper cheeks followed by a dusting of Rio Mineralize Skin Finish, also from Mac (use a big fluffy brush).




Finally, Watt's Up! from Benefit is subtle glow that I would recommend for brides or a sophisticated night out. The sparkle in this product is more fine than most so it is a bit more mature looking than most highlighters.







APPLICATION

I adore the Sedona Lace 928 brush!  It is a flat top kabuki brush. The bristles are so soft and it applies foundation unlike any other brush! What's great is that you stipple the foundation onto the skin and then can buff the makeup into the skin for a smooth, airbrushed look. Sedona lace also sends you free eyeshadow samples when you buy anything online from them!




I hope you enjoyed my summer favorites! I'd love to know what yours are ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment