Saturday, June 15, 2013

NYX Lips + more!

I hope everyone is enjoying the end of spring & beginning of summer! I just love warm weather :) Here is a review of NYX lips products I purchased at Ulta plus a few miscellaneous items, enjoy!

These NYX products are as follows starting from top left, ending with bottom right

1. Xtreme lip Cream in Natural
2. Xtreme lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz
3. Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee
4. Butter Gloss in Eclair
5. Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie
6. Jumbo Lip Pencil in Honey Nectar
7. Lipstick in Sky Pink
8. Retractable Lip Liner in Nude Pink
9. Retractable Lip Liner in Grapefruit
10. Retractable Lip Liner in Fruit Punch




Now.. my review!!

I'M OBSESSED WITH XTREME LIP CREAM! It goes on like a lip gloss but first it turns into a lipstick like consistency and after a while, perhaps an hour, it turns into more of a lip stain consistency. I love its staying power and how pigmented it is. Next time I plan to purchase darker colors because I didn't realize how truly pigmented they were and these are a bit light for my skin tone.. but I love them!



The butter glosses are pretty and more natural looking than the xtreme lip creams which is nice for applying over lipstick or wearing alone. They don't have the same staying power as the lip cream but I still really like them for a more simple look.










The jumbo lip pencil is great as it is a cross between a lipstick and a lip stain. I will definitely be purchasing more of these!









The lipstick is surprisingly highly pigmented and lasts quite a while! For $4 or less this is a must have lipstick .. I would even compare it to MAC quality lipstick, I think they are great! The Sky Pink is frosty and a lovely blue pink, I want more










The Retractable Lip Liner is better than any other lip liner I've ever purchased. They are waterproof (for real!) and very rich in color








Now some random goodies!


Mac's Angel Lipstick is stunning! It is a true pinky nude with a touch of shimmer, perfect for day or night .. I have been avoiding wearing it because I love it so much I don't want to use it up!







NYX Eyebrow Shaper is a dream.. I apply it after defining my brows with brown shadow or I use it alone to keep my stubborn coarse hairs in place. It is one of NYX's more expensive products but it is worth it guys!





NYX Studio Liquid Liner is so, so. I have to admit I don't love it but I will use it. I got colors Crystal Gun Metal (Silver Sparkle) and Extreme Plumb Purple. The Purple is very pigmented with one stroke, whereas the silver is not, so it needs multiple coats before it is a strong silver line. For the price I may buy it again but this is an item that will be around for a while since I don't use these colors that much.





Finally NYX Pinched Blush is a pretty soft pink with gold shimmer that is said to be a "dupe," or duplicate, for Nars Orgasm. I like the color but I don't believe that it stands up to Orgasm because the color isn't rich enough for it to compare. Still a lovely blush though!





I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if there is anything I should try and write a review on? What else do you want to see on my blog? SUBSCRIBE por favor! Besos 


No comments:

Post a Comment